Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Romans, my ACGL, and Lindy Hopping

Starting my (very first attempt at) reading and study of the entire letter of Romans, has me entirely convinced that 1) the NIV version is of terrible help when it comes to understanding Romans, and 2) (yet again) I'm convinced that I have a LOT of practise to do when it comes to understanding bible passages in context, thank God for the understanding which comes from the HS, not any other means, else I confirm gone case one.

Had our our very first Corporate Meeting yesterday, along with the second CGLG (Care Group Leaders' Gathering) yesterday (had to miss Princess' bday dinner...sorry!!!), where we studied the second passage of Romans together. It was good, the turnout (initially), and that's counting the fact that we haven't gotten all the freshies to come down yet. The CGLG was stress like the first, with the attempt at doing an in-depth study on the second passage (1:18-32), with us either not having prepared in advance (like myself, haven't prep yet), or simply not understanding it yet. Was a little discouraging actually, but must press on, to adapt to the timings change and lifestyle change too, to make time to read and study the passages for myself.

Met up with HQ (my co-leader, or ACGL in the CG) today @ IMM to "revise" on the first passage, and to prepare the questions for the BS along with other details. Have to say I'm really encouraged, both because of the study of the word, and also by HQ's ability to grasp the points REALLY fast, thank God.. =) Think GF's correct abt her on this pt.. Well, pray that the first CG will be fruitful too even.

The first Lindy Hop class today was fun, though stress. =D Got to meet quite a number of pple in there though, so that's good.

PS: Don't think I wanna rake up old fiasco's again, but if for some reason anyone REALLY want's to know what I mean by silent reader, just ask me. If not, no pt continuing with it. And adrian, thanks for letting me know that you're ard =) Hope to be able to talk to you in person sometime soon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thks for jogging w me! encouraged by u many times in my life. thesinfulangel

adrian said...

haha.. yes, hopefully we can speak to each other in person :) btw, feel free to read my blog (ao310.blogspot.com)