Friday, August 27, 2004

My comp is dead... but, I still thank God

My comp got "killed" by me yesterday night, so much for my itchy-backside in trying to patch Windows with the WRONG release of SP2!

But even so, thank God, because it presented the chance to talk to my roomie and to get to know him a little bit more by talking. Ended up sleeping at 3am (FAR later than I originally intended to!), but if it takes this much for me to do what is needed, then by all means, till I rid myself of my over-reliance on my computer, may my comp "die" everyday!

Only thing now, is that I have my comp (in the morgue) and Ian (in the ICU) to take care of now, hope that I get the time to tend to them along the way...

Having people jio'ing you to have meals together, and talk, etc, just makes my day, don't ask me why, but it does. Was grinning away like an idiot (when I was in JP yesterday night finding a present for Gao Jun) when S jio'ed for lunch. Though a seemingly simple thing lunching with them (with HQ), but it's definitely something I look forward to: the talking over meals, the company =)

HQ shared, today after thinking of BS questions for the next CG, about the happenings when TYC challenged someone else, in reading and understanding the word. Am greatly encouraged by his faith, and HQ's faith too. Have a lot to learn...

Went for CG (HOPE's) today, at Christina's place: turnout was good, even with some pple not being able to join us today. Had one newcomer, June, (Shannon couldn't join us today) and the sharing and updating then was good, good for planning, and thinking through.

Tomorrow we celebrate Gao Jun's birthday. Though he's not a christian like the rest of the PRCs, but he's just as important as everybody else: to get to know, and to share our lives here on earth, whilst giving them the thing that everybody NEEDS for sure: the gospel.

What with Tree's grandma's rebirth, the encouragement by fellow brothers' and sisters' faith in Christ, being of the the same mind in the gospel of Jesus Christ, the roomie's comp that he's so graciously let me use also even, and many other things that I can't remember offhand now, even though we're still stretched like mad for time, how not to thank God?

The weekend draws near (it's here already actually), my friend's getting baptised this sunday, and my family's meeting my bro's fiance's family for dim sum: the busy life(style), won't be ending within these two days for sure

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey.. hope your com is getting better.. anywayz, thanks for the little note.. telling me to take care. not easy, man.. really need to sleep more. so i'm here, the little sick girl.. telling ya to rest too! don't stay up too late.. just chatting..

so what's this crush abt? =]

-Joey