Saturday, August 21, 2004

Intro to God's love

Another reason why I want to be a taxi driver in the future: Can share the gospel =)

Took a lift from Dandan out from school today, to go Jurong Point, on my way to Suntec (the Rock). The thought about giving others a lift, since we have space, and it's raining, and it's peak hour (meaning most of the buses that come past are FULL), and of course, good chance to share the gospel, if not enc others with it, and to get to know pple even =)

Well, we picked up 3 pple from hall 4 bus stop, 2 ladies from NIE, PGDE, and 1 guy from MPE, final yr. Two were christians from FCBC, the other non-christian. Managed to talk to them a bit more, as I took the train out from Boon Lay...hope to be able to invite them to supper talks or smth sometime..Well, one thing for sure, it certainly can be pulled off =P Just have to refine the response and reactions I think.

Went to the Rock (New Creation Church) today, supposed to be a bible study, sermon style, but i think it's more of a sermon =P No more of "prosperity gospel" thingy, cos of the blatant declaration of it NOT being a prosperity gospel preaching (by the preacher), amongst other declarations along the way (think there've been a lot of feedback about those "rumours" about them...hence such declarations). As a sermon, was pretty fundamental, but good(it's still the gospel wat), though the jumping from hebrews to other passages (even proverbs!) confused me quite a bit, counting his speed, and his adding in of examples, which sometimes, the phrasing is a little lame =). But as a bible study....I think it was not that... -_-::

One thing pretty worrying thou..the congregation laughs at ALL the preacher's jokes (lame or not), even when they're really not funny! Think it's sort of a conditioned response, well, at least from counting that the lady sitting beside me says "amen!" and "ummm!" (yes) every half a sentence or so of his, even when he hasn't ended/concluded his point! And of course, she laughs (along with some others) when his tone changes when he's trying to make a joke, before he even completes it (good for keeping pple alert, but sometimes threw my weak mind off track =P)!!!

That, makes me worried, and sad, cos it suspiciously looks like a very ready ground for a me-centered gospel...but that doesn't stop me from praying for them, as well as my dear BASIC that I went with too

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey bro...

faster get car lah... den can drive us all to service next time... hehe...

next week come with us ah...

5.30pm at can a...