Friday, July 25, 2003

Soooo touched.....

Praying Our Discontent

"THE ROOM IS too cold. Why were we seated way back in the corner? You'd think a restaurant like this would have more selection on the menu. When is our food going to get here? I don't even think this waitress deserves a tip . . ."
Perhaps you've had a meal with a person who complains like this. Some people are never satisfied with what they are given. Such people are tiring to be with. In contrast, the person who is aware of God's never-ending good gifts (and a person who seems to have comparatively less) is a joy to be around. Where do you fall on this spectrum?


Think it's quite a simple yet important/effective truth? Cos instead of having a big problem, what about having a big God instead(who can do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING in His power to give you only the best)?

Today finally started lectures...hehe...not really started lah, the lecturers mainly talked about the course syllabus and admin stuff, only 2 out of 3 taught today, and from one of them can tell that a lot of people are going to zhao a particular subject?(not saying that I want to or will lah!!) Lol...poor thing...

Had a prayer meeting for my church this eening, and the things that happened? Hwah... Played guitar for the short worhip session, but within those 3 songs, think I screwed up quite a bit(or at least I thought?). Then started to become so kan-cheong....so paiseh, started to sweat like mad...haha...but thank God, 1) I survived, and 2) at least we still did worship in the end!

Anyway after that, a friend of mine (anyway I think of her more as an elder sister in Christ than anything else) gave me a lift, originally to a train station along the way back to my campus, but ended up she decided to send me back all the way to my hall!(which is at the OTHER end of the island?) Wah....so touched, and shocked actually, but she just said that she's just blessed what, so just passing it on lor =)

Another weird thing today though, along the way, she gave me exactly the same piece of advice as she did 4 yrs ago before I went into junior college? Well, think God's trying to tell me something through all these things (and was...)too? Especially when it now is along the same line as the things I get from the book I'm reading noadays, in a nutshell: I'm not ready yet! =)

No comments: