Tuesday, July 29, 2003

By His stripes we are healed...?

Hwah...had a terrible headache in the day, don't know why or how it came about anyway, it's gone liao! Haha...after praying abt it and not really thinking abt it too much actually...?

1 Kings 11
Faithless in Love
"I WANT TO do God's will--if only I knew what it was," the young woman said to her pastor. "God has brought Bill and me together, and he has created a great love between us. Bill wants to marry me, but I'm not sure."

"But has Bill given himself to Jesus Christ?" her pastor probed.

"No, not yet," she hesitated. "But I think he will--perhaps after we're married . . ." Her voice trailed off under her pastor's firm gaze.

"God has already shown you his will, I think," her pastor replied. "You know Paul's writings to the Christians at Corinth: `Do not be yoked together with unbelievers.'"

God's laws may seem harsh, but they are less harsh than the results of living by our own guidelines. God seems to know what works. Solomon had occasion to discover this truth.


Deja vu? Almost...

Looking at the youths that I now talk to, am really proud of them, at their age they're already CGLs, helping out in the junior sunday school ministry, and whatnots, hwah...am really encouraged by them, but at the same time, sometimes I do get this weird feeling that what have I been doing during those times? Lol, know that we're all serving the same God, and that everyone has a role to play, but it's funny that looking at them (I feel OLD), and encouraged, yet I do get a good kick in the butt(literally) too! Hahaha...

One of the worst thing in life is to lose your father, what more is it to lose your Spiritual Father? May this never happen in anybody who has already found Him.

No comments: