Monday, July 14, 2003

I'm back!

After a week of an un-imaginble experience, finally touched down at the Changi Airport at about 9 plus, came out at 10-ish, to see my mum, and brother (later). Only saw my family, but heard that supposed to have a few others coming to pick me up? (*touched*), but end up cancelled last minute! Hahaha....good lah, I left quite fast after saying bye to the rest, afterward the "welcoming party" miss me there ah lol...


The week, at Sydney for the Hillsongs Conference, was AMAZING man....can't believe how much God has taught me during this time, there were "good" times (mostly) and a day of "bad" times, when I felt totally down and alone, but that turned out to be a lesson for me, or a reminder from Him?

The Hillsongs Conference was electrifying man, really warmed my heart to see people so passionate about the Lord, in addition to the people (Ausies) being naturally generally friendly too, and also to see so many people in a single place, all for the conference!

Think most of my personal objectives were met (they told us to set three personal objectives before going, which should be Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Reasonable, and the Time-frame, acronym's SMART,,,pretty neat huh?), 1) To learn more about vocals, and how I can use my voice to serve, since that's the workshops I'm supposed to be going for? 2) To get to know the rest more 3) To rekindle the fire for God within me, and more that it'd never be snuffed again...

The first one was not fulfilled, cos the vocals training was just teaching things we already knew, so I ended up going mostly for the worship leader related stuff hehe...

Seond one's not really fulfilled to the level I wished, but I's reckon that I'd get to know the rest more when more interaction's possible?

As for the thrd one...THAT, was fulfilled...really, can't describe the process man, really was too indescribable lol

But one of the greatest things that came to my attention was this: I lost my conference pass (which I needed to go into the main area with) on the last day of the conference (Friday), along with my bus/train/ferry ticket, in the morning, so naturally was quite disturbed by that, but the thing was that in my impression, absolutely NO ONE seemed to care about that, and continued along with their chatting and programmes for the rest of the day without even offering to help (it seemed?), well, to cut a long story short, was alone for the whole day, until the evening, when they finally got me in using somebody else's pass who was already inside? And worse, the entire day, kept having the impression that people are ignoring me? (can talk to them, then they stare at you, then look away, then you get their attention, they look back, then ignore you again!!!) End result was not pretty, felt like crap for the whole day, and didn't really know what to do? But that evening after the night rally, I was better.

Thing's not the incident, but the things it set me to thinking, what were my "hidden" agendas for going there? To get attention? Or jus to know the people more only? To be served in a sense? Or to serve? Was scared by the fact that I actually hated some of the people there for what they have been doing during the trip!

Think I'll have somemore sorting out to do...? But till then, I'll want to focus on serving the Lord, and also see how can help improve the ministry back in church
=)

Wow....it's 3am....time to sleep?

No comments: