Friday, December 17, 2004

Sickened

Got back my results yesterday, and I passed most of my core modules, except for one...

The most irritating module (to me) to have to retake: Engineers and Society
(if some of you remember, I was quite disturbed after reading through that textbook)

Oh well, at least I got pretty decent grades for the cores, which I was prepared to fail for some already, so not too much time wasted in that sense.

Tomorrow's the time to register for subjects, and I've yet to decide on whether to start to take up the business minor or not.

============================

Just thinking about the issue at hand, already makes me feel sick, although it's a reality that it has been happening throughout the times, and it's happening, and it WILL happen in various forms in the future (the bible has talked about it), but still, it's sickening to see lies (subtle or not) being propagated around, and worse, people actually falling for it, and the inevitable fact that more will fall for it, even ourselves, if we're not vigilant.

Accepting this fact is not easy (probably because I tend to think of people as nice and good, unless proved otherwise), but we have to learn and move on from here, because there is a WAR out there compared to this battle we fight, brothers and sisters in Christ.

5 comments:

sernkhoon said...

Hope the sickening feeling goes soon. Not to worry, we don't apply much of what we learn from Engineers and Society, or any other modules for that matter, when we graduate.

Anonymous said...

What issue? Why are u always talking in riddles?? ~ehlana~

Unknown said...

SK: I know, which only makes it worse studying for stupid subjects like this =
Ehlana: Cos' it's not the appropiate time to talk abt it fully here, yet.

sernkhoon said...

Yep, so Engineers and Society is like a necessary evil, eg. those who pollute the gospel in order that true Christians will stand firm in the true gospel and not grow complacent.

But why worry about it when it is something that will eventually end up as nothing when the end is come?

But I understand what you mean about the feeling of meaninglessness about doing it anyway...

Unknown said...

Well, hope I do not have to waste any more time unecessarily especially on subjects like this..