Monday, December 13, 2004

Reminded

Got lost on my way to NUS this evening (today's the first day of the annual camp), to join the rest for the later part of the evening, and I nearly ended up on the other half of the island, thanks to my stupidly expecting to see a bus stop that never appeared, I got off and changed direction just one stop short of going all the way to the other side of the island (from NUS, all the way to Bedok area).

It's at the opposite bus stop, waiting for the bus to take back to my original intended destination, that I remembered how much I HATED losing my way (so to speak) in the late evenings: tired, "lost", late, and unable to see properly due to the headlights of the incoming traffic.

It's only when I reached there, that I remembered/realised why I always willingly "subject myself to all this", though I certainly could've not gone in the first place, counting that there're still a lot of things to be done, and that I'm still tired: to learn, and to fellowship with the rest, encouraging each other. Though I'd dare say that initially I didn't have these intentions in mind when I came into uni as a freshie.

Upon reaching, the talk had just barely started, which was good (can hear the whole talk). The talk was on Jonah 1, by Edmund Fong (first time seeing and hearing him), which was interesting too, to see how Jonah can be understood in the light of the entire gospel. But of course, it's not just the hearing, but what implications it has for us too....as realised during the last part of the talk, and during the discussions.

Had a second dinner during their supper time (my first was during my LONG bus ride), talking to them, and just mainly crapping actually, heh heh.

Well, am looking forward to joining for the evening tomorrow, though I know that I'd certainly not get enough rest. (as if I've been getting enough rest these few weeks anyway =D )

2 comments:

Giraffe Pen said...

The good thing about Singapore is that it's a really small country, as opposed to Australia which takes up a lot of space :) You should find your way around easier than you would if you got lost in the land of Oz :)

H.

Unknown said...

Hahaha...yeah I believe thats true man..