Sunday, October 24, 2004

Like? Love?

When the feelings subside (since we can't "feel loving" toward pple ALL the time), what would be the thing that decides whether a person is someone you can work with the rest of your life (I'm talking about your life partner here)?

Have heard that it's beyond feelings, that you care for a person no matter what you feel at the moment (loving, happy, sad, angry, etc), but that's very vague! There're also people we care for even when we're angry at them what, and that doesn't mean anything "special" in that sense what.

From what I've learnt (prob. very vague by now), it's also whether both parties know what are the (intended) roles in creation, and be able to live their lives (or at least strive toward that) in view of what. But I don't understand, does that mean that our choice should be one who understands, and is also able to be a helper, complementing our work in whichever way?

I know that if I rely on only my feelings alone, I'm going to be even more confused (for choice, at times), and moreover, my body of sin is good for nothing good by itself.

I really want to think through this seriously, cos this, in a very foreseeable way, affects the rest of our lives in many ways too.

But of course, there's more pressing things to be clear about now, in the light of what's happening/unfolding.

3 comments:

Chin Cher said...

Commitment

stiTcHx (><,) said...

Boy oh Boy... Exams here liao ah, dun get too distracted wor~

Maybe i can give my five cent worth?

To a certain extend i feel couples wld complement each other. They understand each other, feel for each other. And they give unconditionally for each other. But all these does not come just like that...TIME is a factor.

Anonymous said...

well. i can't trust my feelings. dey r too strong. n would probably steer me in the wrong direction. my mind n my heart tells me different things but i think it is better to follow the mind.
yup, sometimes we would be confused for choice.
best of luck!