Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Dun understand...

Had our CG today, did Romans 5:1-11 for the bible study, and came to be a lot clearer on the passage =)

But one part (actually half of what Paul's saying in that part), I can't really understand, not that I don't understand, I do, in my mind, but I somehow can't really grasp it fully, yet?

==============
This is that portion:
From the passage, we rejoice in 3 things: in hope of the glory of God (v2), in God thru our Lord Jesus Christ (v11), and in sufferings (v3).

Why do we rejoice in sufferings? Cos' sufferings ultimately end in hope (suffering > endurance > hope; am skipping a lot here), and this hope will not put us to shame, ie. it'll come true, what we hope in.

Why? Cos' God's love has been poured into our hearts (subjective work of the Holy Spirit in individuals, based on the objective fact of Jesus' person and work), taken from v5.

God's love, contrasted with man's (v6-7), and having done the harder thing which was God's love demonstrated in Jesus' work, what more of our hope of the glory of God (v9b, 10b)?

Which is why our hope (of the glory of God) will not be let down, back to the point about rejoicing in suffering.
==============

Sounds simple isn't it? But yet, somehow, I can't grasp the full gravity of this up till now...

2 comments:

Giraffe Pen said...

What books of the Bible are you reading now in your spare time?

H.

Unknown said...

Am currently on the book of Romans, which we're studying together in our organisation =) Nice of you to drop by, could I link to your blogs? I think they are good