Monday, September 08, 2003

Things I have learnt over the past weekend

1) God CAN keep you awake on a Saturday morning lecture (duh~), and that was reinforced lol

2) excerpts from today's message:


Christian Character: 7 steps to overcome the power of mammon (money)
1) ADMIT your feelings (that you have such an issue)
2) CONFESS your struggles
3) FIND a spiritual friend (to help each other)
4) make an inner RENUNCIATION
2 Cor 6:10: "...having nothing, and yet possessing everything" -> All that you have is not your own, but God's
5) culticate THANKSGIVING
6) GIVE liberally (!!! lol~~~)
7) HOLD ON to God's promises -> That He's gonna supply ALL your needs, according to His riched in Glory

you can't serve 2 Gods: either serve God or serve money
matt 6:24, luke 16:13


lol...wat say you?

had a superb sunday again, super tiring man tell you, now it's every group of 2 doing the survey for an entire block of people!!!!! Imagine walking down 17 storeys (i think?) asking pple the same thing over and over again, and all those crap in that stupid weather! hahah...but God's great I tell you, cos my partner's (my DEAR sister) a very nice person!! hahaha...duh...anyways had a great time in spite of the discouraging conditions (HOT weather, less people turning up today, etc)

hmmm....put a note on my door and pray for a car every time I walk out of the door? I may just do that...but if i really do so hope that my roomie doesn't get too worried that he's staying with a desperate-for-a-car person! hahaha!!