Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Hee Hee Hee

(Will be sharing more of my thoughts more often again, in the hope of encouraging whoever reads, or simply letting people know what's happening in and around my life)

----------

Had a gathering with the youths, and some of the newcomers from the christmas evangelistic chalet last month came too. Originally were supposed to go to Pulau Ubin to cycle, but with the torrential downpour the past few days and the intermittent showers today also we decided instead to spend the day at the Parns'.

After meeting up, we played a game (planned by Wai and Maria mainly) where we went around a bit of Singapore, and after having lunch at Marina Square we went back to the Parns' and played more games, including seeing who can stuff more marshmallows in their mouth and saying "I'm a chubby bunny", and the much feared Polar Bear game.

We played till almost 6pm, when Fen and I had to leave for our respective homes. But before that, the situation did get a bit too rowdy I think..

On the afterthoughts, have been wondering whether being so laughable-at is really such a good thing for ministry or not, I mean that it's good that I can 'help people to relax' in different settings, but it's really quite detrimental for honest sharing of lives if the conversation topics never go beyond the superficial and are always on things that do not matter ultimately.

With the particular combination of additional 'crazy people' around it does exacerbate the problem somewhat, but on the other hand it could just simply be me: in not really knowing how to show it when it's time to be really serious? Or worse, not knowing at times when I should be serious.

Whichever the case, it would be good to continue working on the seriousness issue since it has already been brought up a couple of times to me before already, and the growth of those under my 'care' (can't think of a better word yet) is a whole lot more important than me being a clown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha. Oops. Is this partly my fault?

Actually I do struggle with this on occasion. The only piece of advice I have is to quieten down and try not to laugh when you need to be serious... Even when others are laughing at you. :D And keep praying about it!

Unknown said...

=P I don't know actually...I don't know...

In any case, will continue to work on it bro ;) Thanks~!