Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Reassured

Sometimes on looking at the older people around me, and looking at myself and where I am, the thought just comes to my mind:

How on earth can I become Christlike as we're supposed to be? It already seems really really impossible to be mature like them, how much more it is be be like Christ?!

Today's study was on 1 Peter 1:3-9. And that question had been squarely addressed: the only way, and the best way, for me to make it till the end is by God's hand. He definitively saved his people by the cross and resurrection, and He's the one who keeps his people till the end.

What great comfort that comes from hearing that! It's true also that we meet to obey him, to keep trusting in Him, but the end result being solely by God's work on the cross and in us lifts a great burden from us. :-)

No comments: