Wednesday, January 12, 2005

The green green grass of the other side

Am currently taking Principles of Marketing, as a start of my business minor.

I think it's a lot more interesting as compared to the lectures in my major (Computer Engineering), for two reasons:

1) The lecturer, although he's only reading off the slides virtually, but at least he CAN do a good job at that even, as compared to a lot of the lecturers who do not explain properly. (compounded by the problem of bad lecture slides)

2) I can finally see where some of the ideas of people come from (be it subconsciously or consciously) when they plan for things, in the churches around also. (not that they're all bad, but I can't say that they're all good either)

With an interest in social studies, and business topics and such now, it sometimes sounds like a joke, that I'm now in computer engineering! =D

3 comments:

Angela said...

hey engineer, things always look brighter on the other side. marketing is really interesting n in alotta ways more easily relatable to us. jiayou! must perservere.

sernkhoon said...

I took marketing in my 2nd year too.

Indeed, I see many churches today applying the principles of marketing. The problem is that marketing demands that we package the product to satisfy the needs of the consumer. The commodity of the Christian church is the unchanging gospel of Jesus Christ.

So, anyone who markets the gospel is actually prostituting it.

Unknown said...

Heh heh heh... ;)