Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Wake

Went to school (in "lala land") for meeting before gg to a wake (friend's grandfather)...

Thing's that the grandfather had apparently accepted Christ before he passed away, but the other relatives (the majority) have refused to acknowledged that fact, saying that he wasn't in the right state of mind and blah blah blah, thus the wake, and the rites for the funeral to come, have all been done in accordance to the religion which they thought rightly so..

Hence the headache comes, my friend and her mum, have been utterly confused as to which rituals to follow them through (and trust me when there're a LOT), which would be "correct" for their faith. Thing is that 1) the rest of the relatives would be prodding them to follow them in the rites and 2) a lot of the rites have no "proper" meaning apparently, more of superstition probably..

The real pressures that they face amongst others... -_-::
Didn't really know what to think of it at that moment either, but may God's peace be upon them, and the rest of the family too somehow..

An afterthought of these things, someone said before that all these rituals to respect the dead, can't hold a candle to properly respecting the person when he/she is alive (and more so to guide the person to the faith too)...which I'm reminded once and again, I've not been exactly nice/polite/respectful to my mum these few days...my dad's already not around, and I bu4 dong3 shi4 then, but what abt now? I dunwan to regret....damn

No comments: